This message will occur when Yearli is unable to login to the database attached to the SQL Server. This usually results from an incomplete installation, corrupt data, or changing the SA password during the SQL install.
If the SA password was changed during the SQL installation, please contact Technical Support as these procedures will not work, and a technician will need to remote onto your computer to make necessary changes.
Run Database Attach Executables
- Run the SQLUtility in the Utilities folder located at C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\Yearli\20XX where XX is the year of the software.
- Choose Create / Update database.
- Open Yearli to see if the error persists.
Verify SQL Instance Is Installed and Running
- Access the Microsoft SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- For steps to do this see the How to Access SQL Server Configuration Manager article.
- Click on “SQL Server Services” to display a list of the currently running services.
- Verify that SQL Server (GREATLANDYD) is running.
- Right click and select Start if required.
- Proceed to the next section if the error persists.
Create a New Yearli Database
Only follow this procedure if this is a new installation of Yearli.
- Access the Windows Run window by pressing the Windows key and R key on the keyboard.
- Type "appwiz.cpl" without the quotes in the Open field.
- Click OK.
- Double click on the appropriate version of Yearli in the list of programs.
- Choose Uninstall and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Yearli.
- The ProgramData folder is a hidden folder. You must show hidden folders in order to access it.
- Right click on the folder for the affected year of Yearli.
- Choose Rename.
- Rename the folder to "20XX.old" without the quotes, where XX is the year of the software.
- Reinstall Yearli.