Anti-virus and/or Anti-Spyware programs prevent update scripts from running on the database.
Backup and reinstall with anti-virus and anti-spyware disabled
Note: If the error is occurring on a network installation, these steps will need to be done on the machine with the Yearli Server installed.
- Close Yearli.
- Access the Microsoft SQL Server Configuration Manager. For steps to do this see the How do I access SQL Server Configuration Manager? article.
- Click on SQL Server Services to display a list of the currently running services.
- Right click the corresponding the WinFiler or Yearli instance*
- Click Stop.
- Navigate to the data directory for the software’s tax year.**
- Copy the Data folder to another location on the hard drive.
- Access the Microsoft SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Right click on the corresponding Yearli instance*
- Click Start.
- Close the SQL Server Configuration Manager.
- Access the Windows Run window by pressing the Windows key and R key on the keyboard.
- Type "appwiz.cpl" without the quotes in the Open field.
- Click OK.
- Highlight Yearli for the specified tax year.
- Click Remove or Uninstall.
- Close out of Add or Remove Programs or Programs and Features and the Control Panel.
- Disable any anti-virus or anti-spyware programs.
- Reinstall Yearli.
- Open Yearli and apply any available updates. For a network, run the online update from the server machine's desktop.
- Verify the data and import from the backup if necessary.
*The SQL Server instance will differ depending on the version of the program. The SQL servers associated with each version of the program are:
- Winfiler 2012 - 2013: WF_SS8E
- WinFiler Plus 2013 - 2014: WFP_SS8E
- Yearli 2014: WFP_SS8E
- Yearli 2015 - Current: WFP_SS8E or YD2015_SS8E
**The file directory will differ depending on the version of the program. The file directories associated with each version of the program are:
- WinFiler: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\WinFiler or WinFiler Server
- WinFiler Plus and Yearli 2014: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\WinFiler Plus or WinFiler Plus Server
- Yearli: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\Yearli or Yearli Server