This usually occurs when an import inserts invalid data into a return. This data cannot be seen on the form itself, but is checked when the backup is performed.
Remove invalid data
- Open one of the affected forms.
- Remove and re-enter one of the fields on the form.
- Click Save.
- Click OK to close the form.
- Repeat steps 1 - 4 for each return for the payer.
- Close out of the Payers & Recipients screen.
- Click on the File menu.
- Choose Backup.
- Highlight an individual payer or a group of payers.
- Choose the desired location to backup the payer(s) to by clicking the Browse button.
- With the desired payer(s) and location selected, click Backup. The file(s) will be placed in the selected location and given a file name of XXXXXXXX.XZP where the x’s correspond to the payer TIN’s.
- When complete, a screen appears stating “Payer backup completed successfully”.
Note: Resaving the form will remove the invalid data.