The format of the state ID entered on the reconciliation form does not match the format the state is expecting.
Change State ID on the Reconciliation Form
- Take note of the expected state ID format in the error message.
- Click OK to close the message.
- Locate the state ID field on the reconciliation form.
- Change the state ID on the form to match the expected format.
- State ID numbers are required by some states to file 1099 or W-2 forms.
- Please check with the state agency directly to verify your state ID.
- Click Save.
- Click OK to close the form.
Change State ID in the Payer List
- Click on the Payer List.
- Choose the payer.
- Click the Payer State Info button on the right.
- Verify that the State ID for W-2 is correct, and in the expected state format.
- Click OK.
- Double click on the payer name.
- Choose a recipient whose form is being filed to the state.
- Double click on their form in the Form List.
- In the Return Information tab, verify that the state information is entered correctly and in the expected format.
- The state ID here should match the state ID entered in Payer State Info.
- Repeat steps 7 - 9 for all recipients being filed to the state.