How Is Default Data Entry Method Used?
Select the style of data entry to best meet your needs. After the initial selection, you will be able to change the selection at any time from the Settings Menu. When changing data entry style for a particular payer, the system will convert your existing data into the new data entry style.
- Year End Data Entry Method: Enter summarized data at the end of the year.
Options available when using Year End Data Entry Method:
- All W-2 and 1099 Forms.
- Manual data entry or import options.
- Limited journals. (i.e. W-2 Summary, 1099 Summary).
- Quarterly Data Entry Method: Enter data after each pay period for W-2s or after each transaction for 1099-type forms in order to print related monthly, quarterly and annual summary forms. Options available when using Quarterly Data Entry Method:
- All options available with Year End data entry method.
- Additional forms: 941, 940, 943, 944, 945, State UI and State WH.
- Transaction Entry.
- Additional Journals (e.g. FUTA, SUI and Transactions).
Changing the Default Data Entry Method
This will not make changes to current payers, only to those created after this process.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Choose Printing/Data Entry.
- Under Default Data Entry Method, choose Year End Data Entry or Quarterly Data Entry, based on your filing needs.
- Click OK.
Changing the Data Entry Method of an Existing Payer
Please backup your data before changing the Data Entry Method of a payer. For steps on how to backup your data, please see the How to Backup or Restore Yearli Data article.
- Click the Payer List button.
- Choose the payer.
- Click the Change Data Entry Method button.
- Click Choose Year-End or Choose Quarterly.