Selecting Amount Types
- Click the Payer List button.
- Double click on the payer name.
- Highlight the recipient.
- Double click on the W-2 form in the form list.
- Click on the Amnts button in the upper right corner of the W-2 return or W-2 transaction screen.
- Highlight the amount type in the list on the left you wish to add to the W-2 form.
- Click Include to add to the Currently Selected Amount Types.
- Click OK.
The order in which the selected amount types appear in the currently selected Amount Types box and on the W-2 Return screen can be changed by using the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
Available Amount Types
The Amount Types Window is used to select the Amount Types (dollar amount fields) to appear on the W-2 Returns screen. You can add or remove Amount Types from the list (and hence, the W-2 Returns screen). You can also choose the order that you would like the dollar amount fields to appear.
On the Amount Types window, the box on the left lists Available Amount Types. At the top of the box you will see the following tabs: Defaults, Non-Defaults and State. Clicking either of these tabs will show you a group of amount type fields.
- The Defaults group: lists the most commonly used fields on Form W-2. For example, Gross Wages, Other Compensation, Social Security Wages, and Social Security Withheld are four default amount type fields.
- The Non-Defaults group: lists the Amount Type fields available that are not considered Defaults.
- The State group: lists state specific amount types.
If the State tab does not appear, the payer is set to the incorrect Data Entry Method. To change this, see the How to Change the Data Entry Method in Yearli article.
The following is a complete list of all W-2 amount types and their associated W-2 fields:
|Amount Type||W-2 Box|
|Social Security Wages||3|
|Social Security Withheld||4|
|Federal Income Tax Withheld||2|
|State One Taxes Withheld||17(a)|
|State One Wages||16(a)|
|Locality One Taxes Withheld||19(a)|
|Locality One Wages||18(a)|
|Misc Deduction One||N/A|
|Def Compensation 401(k)||12|
|Amount Type||W-2 Box|
|Social Security Tips||7|
|Uncollected SS Tax on Tips||12|
|Dependent Care Benefits||10|
|Non taxable Sick Pay||12|
|Nonqualif Sec 457 Def Comp||12|
|Nonqualif Non Sec 457 Def Comp||12|
|Misc Deduction Two||N/A|
|Misc Deduction Three||N/A|
|Misc Deduction Four||N/A|
|Misc Deduction Five||N/A|
|Misc Amount Not Ded from Net||N/A|
|State One Unempl Ins Wages||N/A|
|State Two Unempl Ins Wages||N/A|
|State Two Wages||16(b)|
|State Two Tax Withheld||17(b)|
|Locality Two Wages||18(b)|
|Locality Two Tax Withheld||19(b)|
|Uncollected Medicare Tax on Tips||12|
|Excludable Moving Expenses||12|
|Employer HSA Contribution||12|
|Employer MSA Contribution||12|
|Employer Adoption Expense||12|
|Employer Health Coverage Cost||12|
|Income From Nonstat stock||12|
|Def Compensation 403(b)||12|
|Def Compensation 408(k)(6)SEP||12|
|Def Compensation 457(b)||12|
|Def Compensation 501(c)(18)(D)||12|
|Def Compensation 408(p) SIMPLE||12|
|Deferrals Sec409A Nonqual Plan||12|
|Income Sec409A Nonqual Plan||12|
|Non Taxable Combat Pay||12|
|Roth Contrib Sec 401(k) Plan||12|
|Roth Contrib Sec 403(c) Sal Red||12|
|Roth Contrib Sec 457(b) Plan||12|
|Amount Type||W-2 Box|
|NJ Disability Ins Prem With||14|
|NJ State 1 DI Combo Plan Wages||N/A|
|NJ State 2 DI Combo Plan Wages||N/A|
|NJ State 1 FLI Combo Plan Wages||N/A|
|NJ State 2 FLI Combo Plan Wages||N/A|
|CA State Disabil Ins Withheld||14|
|CA Voluntary Pgm Dis Ins With||14|
|KS Publ Empl Retirement System||14|
|NY State 1 Other Wages||N/A|
|NY State 2 Other Wages||N/A|
|NY State 1 Column C Wages||N/A|
|NY State 2 Column C Wages||N/A|
|NY State 1 MCTMT Wages||N/A|
|NY State 2 MCTMT Wages||N/A|
|ME Non-Seasonal SUI Wages||N/A|
|ME Seasonal SUI Wages||N/A|
|MO St. Louis Stock Option||N/A|
Currently Selected Amount Types
The box on the right lists the Amount Types that have been selected for the current payer. When you move the Amount Type fields over to this box, and then click the OK button, the Dollar Amounts tab of the W-2 Returns Window will display the Amount Type fields you added in the order you specified.
Tips for using amount types:
- Use the Include All and Exclude All buttons to add all or remove all Amount Types from the following Amount Type tabs: Defaults, Non-Defaults and State.
- When the Defaults tab is selected, default Amount Types appear in the Available Amount Types list. When the Non-Defaults tab is selected, the non-default Amount Types appear in the Available Amount Types list. When the State tab is selected, the state Amount Types appear in the Available Amount Types list.
- When you click the Include All button on either of the tabs (Default, Non-Default or State), the Amount Types will be added to the Currently Selected Amount Types list.
- Likewise, when you click the Exclude All button, all of the Amount Types will be returned to the appropriate Available Amount Types list on the Default, Non-Default, or State tab.
- Use the Shift + Click or Ctrl + Click keystrokes to highlight an adjacent or non-adjacent, respectively, range of amount types. You can also highlight a range of amount types by clicking an amount type and dragging down (or up).
- Amount Type fields are customizable on the Form W-2 only. On 1099 Forms, amount types have been pre-selected for your convenience.