Microsoft Excel formats the data based upon parameters specified for each field. If the fields in the spreadsheet aren't formatted to accept trailing zeros, they will be removed by Excel. This is most common with dollar amount fields. You can either format the cells within Excel to add the trailing zero or Yearli will add the trailing zero in dollar amounts during the import process. For example, 100.5 will import into Yearli as 100.50.
- Open the Excel file.
- Highlight the dollar amount column.
- Right-click on the column and select Format Cells.
- Click on the Currency category.
- Choose two decimal places.
- Choose how you would like to display negative numbers.
- Click Ok.
Note: Repeat steps 2-7 for all columns containing dollar amounts.