The Excel import can be used to import any W-2 or 1099-MISC forms on the Yearli site. To create the Excel import file:
- Log into your Yearli account.
- Select Import Forms / Templates.
- Select the Yearli Excel Import option.
- Click on the W-2 or 1099-MISC link under Templates to download the template.
- Enter or copy data into the template file.
The template file on the Yearli site must be used in order to import data. The template will allow the Yearli site to automatically map the data to the correct field(s) on the form(s).
When creating the Excel file, here are some things to be aware of:
- No periods or commas should be included in the names. Ampersands "&" are allowed.
- A TIN is required for each payer and recipient record.
- An address is required for each payer and recipient record.
- It is required to have at least one dollar amount type per recipient included in the Excel file for the import to complete.