This error message is usually caused by specific ports being blocked by firewalls, which can cause the update to not apply properly. The error could also display if an internet connection is not available.
Check for Internet access
- Open any available Internet browser to verify an active internet connection is present.
Check for firewalls/anti-virus/anti-spyware software
- Check for any running firewalls or anti-virus/anti-spyware software.
- Temporarily disable the firewall and security software, including the Windows Firewall.
- Run the online update either from the server desktop, or from a standalone machine by clicking Update – Update Program Online from the main Yearli menu.
- Go to C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\Yearli\20XX*, where XX is the year of the software, and find the file called Versions or Versions.ini.
- Open the Versions.ini file in Notepad.
- Change the line that says “PatchLevel=X” to “PatchLevel=-1”.
- Save the file.
- Open the Yearli program. Cancel out of any error messages.
- Select the Update Program Online from the Update menu. Install any available updates.
*The file directory will differ depending on the year of the program. The following are the default paths of WinFiler, WinFiler Plus, and Yearli:
- WinFiler: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\WinFiler
- WinFiler Plus and Yearli 2014: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\WinFiler Plus
- Yearli: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\Yearli
Verify workstation connectivity
Note: These steps will only apply if Yearli is installed on a network.
- The updates may not being applied due to connectivity issues. Follow the steps in the How do I change what computer my Yearli Workstations are looking to for the data? article for steps on how to verify the workstation is pointed at the correct server.
- See the How do I create a Windows Firewall exception for Yearli? article for steps on how to create firewall exceptions for the Yearli program.