The format of the state ID entered on the reconciliation form does not match the format the state is expecting.
Make the change to the reconciliation form manually
- Take note of the expected state ID format in the error message.
- Click OK to close the message.
- Locate the state ID field on the reconciliation form.
- Change the state ID on the form to match the expected format.
Note: State ID numbers are required by some states to file 1099 or W-2 forms. Please check with the state agency directly to verify your state ID.
- Click Save.
- Click OK to close the form.
Make the change in the Payer List
- Click on the Payer List.
- Choose the payer.
- Click the Payer State Info button on the right.
- Verify that the State ID for W-2 is correct, and in the expected state format.
- Click OK.
- Double click on the payer name.
- Choose a recipient whose form is being filed to the state.
- Double click on their form in the Form List.
- In the Return Information tab, verify that the state information is entered correctly and in the expected format. The state ID here should match the state ID entered in Payer State Info.
- Repeat steps 7 - 9 for all recipients being filed to the state.