Transfer Yearli data files
- Close Yearli.
- Navigate to the Yearli Installation directory for the desired year.*
- Open the Utilities folder.
- In the Utilities folder, right click the Yearli Desktop Backup App and choose Run as Administrator.
- Click Next.
- Choose the year of the software you would like to backup.
- Click Browse to choose where the backup will be saved.
- Click Backup.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
- Go to selected save location.
- Open the Yearli Backup folder.
- Copy the Yearli20XX_Data and Yearli20XX_Data_LOG files for the appropriate year and transfer to the new computer.
Note: Options include transferring the folder over the network, flash drive, CD, etc.
- Install the Yearli program on the new computer.
- Access the Microsoft SQL Server Configuration Manager. For steps to do this see the How do I access SQL Server configuration manager? article.
- Click on SQL Server Services to display a list of the currently running services.
- Right click SQL Server (YD2015_SS8E)** and click Stop.
- Navigate to the Yearli installation directory on the new machine.*
- Open the Data folder.
- Copy the Yearli20XX_Data and Yearli20XX_Data_LOG files that were copied from the old machine over the top of the existing Yearli20XX_Data and Yearli20XX_Data_LOG files.
- Select Yes to replace all files when prompted.
- Restart the SQL instance by following steps 14 through 16, clicking Start rather than Stop.
- Launch the program and verify payer and recipient data is available.
*The file directory will differ depending on the version of the program. The file directories associated with each version of the program are:
- WinFiler: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\WinFiler or WinFiler Server
- WinFiler Plus and Yearli 2014: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\WinFiler Plus or WinFiler Plus Server
- Yearli: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\Yearli or Yearli Server
**The SQL Server instance will differ depending on the version of the program. The SQL servers associated with each version of the program are:
- WinFiler 2012 - 2013: WF_SS8E
- WinFiler Plus 2013 - 2014: WFP_SS8E
- Yearli 2014: WFP_SS8E
- Yearli 2015 - Current: WFP_SS8E or YD2015_SS8E