Manual database backup instructions
Note: If this is a network installation, the following steps must be performed on the Yearli Server computer.
- Close Yearli.
- Right click on the Yearli shortcut and choose Open File Location or access C:\Program Files (X86)\Greatland Corporation\Yearli\20XX
- Open the Utilities folder.
- Right click SQLUtility.exe and choose Run as Administrator.
- With the Yearli SQL Utility open click on Detach Database to detach the database from the SQL instance.
- Minimize the Yearli SQL Utility.
- Navigate to the Yearli installation directory.*
Note: The ProgramData folder is a hidden folder. You must show hidden folders in order to access it. For steps to do this see the How do I show hidden folders? article.
8. Copy the entire Data folder to a separate location.
9. Open the minimized Yearli SQL Utility and click on Attach Database to re-attach the database to the SQL instance.
10. Click Exit to close the window.
*The file directory associated with Yearli 2018 and newer: