Submitting a Payer for TIN Matching
The TIN Matching feature is available, free of charge, to users of the Yearli Desktop software via the E-file Center.
Only recipients with valid TINs can be submitted for TIN Matching with the IRS. Any recipients with blank TINs, TINs containing the same repeating digit (111111111), or TINs with 123456789 will not be sent.
- In Yearli Desktop verify all payer and recipient data has been entered, including names, social security numbers, and EINs.
- Click on the E-file Center menu.
- If an E-file Center account has not been created, choose Account Setup to create the account.
- After an account has been setup, choose TIN Matching.
- Choose the payers from the list that you wish to submit for TIN Matching. All payers will be selected by default.
- Click Submit.
The IRS can return the TIN Matching results in as fast as 24 hours; however, it may take up to three business days.