The SUI Journal displays the wages and SUI (state unemployment insurance) Tax for each transaction entered for each recipient under the selected payer; results are organized by state. The journal gives the ability to select the recipients and date range to be reported on. The report includes the following information:
- Payer name
- Payer TIN
- State ID for SUI
- SUI Wage Max
- SUI Rate
- Recipient name
- Recipient TIN
- Subject Wages, Taxable Wages and SUI Tax per transaction, per state
- Number of transactions for each quarter per Payer, per state
- Total number of transactions entered for the Payer, per state
Printing a SUI Journal
- Click on the Print drop down menu.
- Choose Journals.
- Choose SUI.
- Choose the level of detail to be displayed on the journal.
- Show Transaction Detail: This option will show details for each transaction entered for each recipient.
- Summarize by Recipient: This option will show all transactions as one totals for each recipient.
- Show Totals Only: This report will show overall totals for the selected payer. It will not be broken up by recipient.
Note: To select multiple recipients press and hold the Shift or Ctrl key and click in the gray grid area on the left of the recipient TIN for each recipient you wish to select. All recipients can be selected by checking the All Recipients box.
- Click Preview to preview the journal or Print to print the journal.
Note: If the "Confirm" message box for SUI appears, choose Yes or No.
- The SUI Journal Window contains the Recipient List, which will display all of the recipients available for the selected payer.
- To sort in ascending or descending order:
- Click the field heading (e.g. Recipient TIN, Recipient Name)
- A small arrow appears pointing upwards or downwards indicating ascending or descending order.
- A date/quarter must be selected from the Dates section. To select a date/quarter, select the appropriate radio button on the left side of the window. The quarter selected will specify which transactions to include in the calculation of the SUI Journal. Only the transactions that occur in the selected period will be calculated.