The Returns Journal is a report that displays the total dollar amounts entered for all box/amount types on each recipient's returns for the selected payer. The journal contains the following information:
- Summary section
- Summing all dollar amounts for all recipients
Printing a Returns Journal
- Click on the Print drop down menu.
- Choose Journals.
- Choose Returns.
- Choose the Type of Return.
- Choose the Recipient(s) to print the journal for.
Note: To select multiple recipients press and hold the Shift or Ctrl key and click in the gray grid area on the left of the recipient TIN for each recipient you wish to select. All recipients can be selected by checking the All Recipients box.
- Click Preview to preview the journal or Print to print the journal.
- The Select Type of Return list displays only the returns currently entered for the selected payer.
- As you click the different return types, the Recipient List will display only those recipients that have the highlighted return type.
- You can sort the order of recipients in ascending or descending order:
- Click the field heading (e.g. Recipient TIN, Recipient Name)
- A small arrow appears pointing upwards or downwards indicating ascending or descending order
- You can print the Returns Journal for all recipients that have the highlighted return or for selected recipients that have the highlighted return.
- When the Type of Return is W-2G, you may select a range of dates in the Distribution Date section.