Printing a 1095 form
- Click on the Print Forms button.
- Select a payer.
- Choose the 1095 form type from the Select return window.
- Choose the print type (blank or pre-printed).
- Choose the copy to be printed.
- Click Print or Preview. To print from the preview screen, click the print icon in the upper left corner.
Note: To print 1095 forms for specific recipients, click on the Select Recipients tab prior to clicking on print or preview. To select multiple recipients, press and hold the Shift or Ctrl key and click in the gray grid area on the left of the recipient TIN for each recipient to be printed. All recipients can be selected by checking the All Recipients that have this return option.
If printing 1095s to be paper filed with the IRS, it will be required to print the forms on the landscape form.
Tabs on the Print 1095 Returns window:
- Select return: Select a return type from the Select Returns list.
- Select copy: Click in the Select Copy list to select the form copy to be printed. Use your arrow keys or the scroll bar to move up and down through the list.
- Select print type: Click a radio button to select blank form or pre-printed form.
- If there are more than 6 covered individuals, you must choose Blank in order to print or preview.
- Select print options: If you would like printed 1095s to include payer information, click the Print Payer Information checkbox. Payer information is automatically printed when Blank Form is selected as the print type.
- Horizontal: Positive numbers move data to the right, negative numbers move data to the left.
- Vertical: Positive numbers move data up, negative numbers move data down.
- Click the Printer Setup button to change the current printer. The current printer is displayed directly to the right of the Printer Setup button.
- Adjust text alignment: Change the number of units displayed in the Horizontal and Vertical boxes to regulate alignment. 1 unit is equal to 1/1000 of an inch. (Option is not available for blank forms.)
- Mask Recipient SSN (in the format XXX-XX-1234): Click the Mask Recipient TIN checkbox to print only the last four digits of SSN on Recipient copies.
- Masking of Recipient SSN is available for 1095 Recipient copies, following IRS guidelines.
- Use the Select Recipients tab to select specific recipients to be printed. The default is to print for All recipients.
- To select recipients, click to highlight the recipients you would like to print. Click, hold, and drag to select multiple recipients. Use Shift-Click or Ctrl-Click to select adjacent or non-adjacent recipients in the list.
- To change the recipient display order, click the column heading to change the sort order. The recipients can be sorted by TIN, Name or Misc Search.
- Use the Payer Groups tab to print 1095s for a group of payers. Simply highlight a Payer Group in the list. For steps on creating a Payer Group see the How do I add or edit a payer group? article.