This box may be unavailable due to one or more of the following reasons:
- The Payer has a foreign address
- The Payer's TIN is not an EIN
- The Payer's UI Employer Registration Number or Withholding ID Number is not in a correct format
- The Payer's Withholding ID Number begins with "NY" or "TF"
Checking the Payer information
- Click on the Payer List button.
- Highlight the payer the NYS-45 has been created for.
- Uncheck the Foreign Address box for the payer.
- Change the payer's TIN to the EIN format.
- Click the Payer State Info button.
- The State ID for W-2 (Withholding ID Number) should be in the following format: 123456789 or 12345678901. The State ID for W-2 should be 9 or 11 digits and cannot start with NY or TF.
- The State ID for SUI number should be in the following format: 1234567. The State ID for SUI should not exceed 7 characters.
- Click OK.
- Double click on the NYS-45 in the Form List.
- Check the "Check if you intend to file Form NYS-45/ATT via the E-file Center" box.