Enter zeros for the SSN
Note: The state of New York expects all employees on the NYS-45 to have valid SSNs. Any employee with an ITIN or no SSN should obtain a valid SSN. Entering all zeros for the SSN is a workaround while the employee is in the process of obtaining a valid SSN.
- Click on the Payer List button.
- Double click the payer name.
- Highlight the employee with the ITIN or no SSN.
- In the data fields to the right, enter all zeros for the employee's SSN (example: 000-00-0000).
- Select the Save button.
- Return to the Payer tab and re-create the NYS-45 form.