The currency settings are not consistent with the program, or the latest update was not applied correctly.
Check the computer's currency settings
- Access the Windows Run window by pressing the Windows key and R key on the keyboard.
- Type "intl.cpl" without the quotes in the Open field.
- Click OK.
- In Windows 7, 8 and 10, click Additional settings...
- In Windows Vista, click Customize this format...
- In the Numbers tab, set the No. of digits after decimal to 2.
- In the Currency tab, set the No. of digits after decimal to 2.
- Click OK.
- Delete and re-create the form in the program.
Reapply Database Updates
Note: If Yearli is installed as a network, the following steps will need to be taken on the server machine.
- Disable any anti-virus or anti-spyware software.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\Yearli or Yearli Server\20XX*, where XX is the year, and locate the file called Versions or Versions.ini.
- Open the Versions.ini file in notepad.
- Change the line that says “PatchLevel= #” to “PatchLevel=-1”.
Note: If using Windows Vista, you will need to copy the Versions file to the desktop to be able to make the necessary changes to the file. You will then save the file and place it back in the Yearli folder from Step 2.
- Save and close the file.
- Open Yearli and apply the available updates. If on a network, double click the online update icon on the server machine desktop.
*The file directory will differ depending on the year of the program. The following are the default paths of WinFiler, WinFiler Plus, and Yearli:
- WinFiler: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\WinFiler or WinFiler Server
- WinFiler Plus and Yearli 2014: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\WinFiler Plus or WinFiler Plus Server
- Yearli: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\Yearli or Yearli Server