This message will occur when Yearli is unable to login to the database attached to the SQL Server. This usually results from an incomplete installation or corrupt data.
Install a new Yearli database
Note: Only follow this procedure if this is a new installation of Yearli. If you have already entered data into the program, go to Procedure 2.
- Access the Windows Run window by pressing the Windows key and R key on the keyboard.
- Type "appwiz.cpl" without the quotes in the Open field.
- Click OK.
- Double click on the appropriate version of Yearli in the list of programs.
- Choose Automatic and click Next.
- When prompted to perform a rollback, choose No and click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\Yearli*.
- Right-click on the 20XX folder, where XX is the year of the program, and choose Rename.
- Add ".old" without the quotes to the end of the folder name. For example, if 2016 is the affected year, name the folder "2016.old" without the quotes.
- Reinstall the Yearli program.
- Open the program to see if the problem persists.
*The file directory will differ depending on the version of the program. The file directories associated with each version of the program are:
- WinFiler: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\WinFiler
- WinFiler Plus and Yearli 2014: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\WinFiler Plus
- Yearli: C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Greatland Corporation\Yearli
Verify SQL instance is installed and running
- Access the Microsoft SQL Server Configuration Manager. For steps to do this see the How do I access the SQL Server Configuration Manager? article.
- Click on “SQL Server Services” to display a list of the currently running services.
- Verify that SQL Server (YD2015_SS8E)* is running.
- Right click and select Start if the service is paused or stopped.
*The SQL Server instance will differ depending on the version of the program. The SQL servers associated with each version of the program are:
- WinFiler 2012 - 2013: WF_SS8E
- WinFiler Plus 2013 - 2014: WFP_SS8E
- Yearli 2014: WFP_SS8E
- Yearli 2015-2017: WFP_SS8E or YD2015_SS8E
- Yearli 2018-2021: GREATLAND
- Yearli 2022-Current: GREATLANDYD