This error usually indicates database corruption. Databases can become corrupt from power outages, improper shutdowns, or failing hard drives.
Force-close the program and reboot
- Access the Windows Run window by pressing the Windows key and R key on the keyboard.
- Type "taskmgr" without the quotes in the Open field.
- Click OK.
- Choose the Yearli program in the list of running applications. It may be listed as GNWFPlus.exe.
- Click End Task.
- Reboot the machine.
- Open the Yearli program.
Enable SQL Protocols and Restart SQL instance
Note: If this is a network version of Yearli, these steps will need to be taken on the server machine.
- Access the Microsoft SQL Server Configuration Manager. For steps to do this see the How do I access SQL Server Configuration Manager? article.
- On the left, double click on SQL Server Network Configuration.
- Choose Protocols for GREATLANDYD*.
- If Shared Memory is Disabled, right click on Shared Memory and choose Enable.
- If Named Pipes is Disabled, right click on Named Pipes and choose Enable.
- If TCP/IP is Disabled, right click on TCP/IP and choose Enable.
- Choose SQL Server Services.
- Right click on SQL Server (GREATLANDYD)*.
- Choose Restart.
- Open the Yearli program to see if the issue persists.
*The SQL Server instance will differ depending on the version of the program. The SQL servers associated with each version of the program are:
- Winfiler 2012 - 2013: WF_SS8E
- WinFiler Plus 2013 - 2014: WFP_SS8E
- Yearli 2014: WFP_SS8E
- Yearli 2015 - 2017: WFP_SS8E or YD2015_SS8E
- Yearli 2018 - 2021: GREATLAND
- Yearli 2022 - Current: GREATLANDYD