The due date of the New York NYS-1 is 3-5 business days following the payroll that causes the accumulated withholding to equal or exceed $700. The dates covered by the return must fall within the Quarter selected.
Creating the NYS-1 form
- Click on the Payer List button.
- Choose the payer.
- Click on the Payer State Info button.
- Click Add.
- Choose NY from the State drop down menu.
- Enter applicable state information.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.
- Click on the Add Form button.
- Choose New York from the Federal/State/Local drop down menu.
- Choose NYS-1 from the Form Name menu.
- Choose the appropriate quarter.
- Click OK.
- Enter the applicable information.*
*The paid preparer should enter a New York tax preparer registration identification number (NYTPRIN). If the paid preparer is not required to have an NYTPRIN, enter NYTPRIN exclusion code from the list below:
- 01 - Attorney
- 02 - Employee of attorney
- 03 - CPA
- 04 - Employee of CPA
- 05 - Public Accountant
- 06 - Employee of Public Accountant
- 07 - Enrolled Agent
- 08 - Employee of Enrolled Agent
- 09 - Volunteer tax preparer
- 10 - Employee of business preparing that business' return