For periods prior to 2019: Columns (d) and (e) on Part C will only fill if it is the 4th Quarter or if the Last Return of the Year checkbox is checked.
Starting with 1st Quarter 2019: Columns (d) and (e) on Part C will be filled every quarter with the State Wages (Column d) and State and Local Tax Withheld (Column e) from the W-2 and 1099-R forms.
Completing Part C columns d and e
- Click on the Payer List button.
- Highlight the payer name.
- View the form name column. If it should be a 4th Quarter form, ensure that it says NY NYS-45/ATT Q4. If it does not, delete and recreate the 4th Quarter form.
- If the form is not a 4th Quarter form, double click on the NYS-45 form.
- In Part C check the Last Return of the Year box if not the 4th quarter. If this is the 4th quarter ensure that the correct quarter was selected when creating the form.
- Click OK on the With this box checked, clicking the Fill button also fills columns d and e regardless of quarter" prompt.
- Click the Fill button.