Creating a payer
- Click the Payer List button.
- Click the Add Payer button.
- Fill in the necessary fields.
- Click Save.
Note: For e-filing, the payer address and phone number fields are required. This screen should include all payer information that needs to appear on the printed returns and forms.
- Click on the Payer State Info button.
- Enter the state and the State ID number for W-2 assigned by the state.
- Enter the State ID for SUI (State Unemployment Insurance taxes) assigned by the state.
- Enter the SUI %. This is the percentage used when calculating SUI tax based on the state taxable wages.
- Enter the SUI Wage Max. This is the maximum amount of wages per year per recipient subject to state unemployment tax.
Note: If the SUI % and SUI Wage Max are not displayed, close out of the window and click the Change Data Entry Method button. Click Choose Quarterly to add the SUI % and SUI Wage Max fields to Payer State Info.