Selecting default data entry method
Select the style of data entry to best meet your needs. After the initial selection, you will be able to change the selection at any time from the Settings Menu. When changing data entry style for a particular payer, the system will convert your existing data into the new data entry style (see Procedure 3).
- Year End Data Entry Method: Enter summarized data at the end of the year. Options available when using Year End Data Entry Method:
- All W-2 and 1099 Forms.
- Manual data entry or import options.
- Limited journals. (i.e. W-2 Summary, 1099 Summary)
- Quarterly Data Entry Method: Enter data after each pay period for W-2s or after each transaction for 1099-type forms in order to print related monthly, quarterly and annual summary forms. Options available when using Quarterly Data Entry Method:
- All options available with Year End data entry method
- Additional forms: 941, 940, 943, 944, 945, State UI and State WH.
- Transaction Entry.
- Additional Journals (e.g. FUTA, SUI and Transactions)
Setting the default data entry method
Note: This will not make changes to current payers. To change the Data Entry Method of an existing payer, go to Procedure 3.
- Click the Settings menu.
- Choose Printing/Data Entry.
- Under Default Data Entry Method, choose Year End Data Entry or Quarterly Data Entry, based on your filing needs.
- Click OK.
Changing the data entry method of an existing payer
- Create a backup of your payer. For steps to do this, see the How do I backup my Yearli data? article.
- Click the Payer List button.
- Choose the desired payer.
- Click the Change Data Entry Method button in the Manage Payer screen.
- Choose Year End Data Entry or Quarterly Data Entry, based on your filing needs.
- Click Yes.