Prepare the Form 941 for e-filing
Note: The IRS requires any organization that decides to e-file 941 forms to first obtain a personal identification number (PIN). PIN’s are valid for a specific employee in a specific company. The PIN, distributed by the IRS, can be obtained by submitting the 941 PIN Application within the program. Also required for e-filing the 941 form is the company's Name Control.
- Click on the Payer List button.
- Highlight the payer name.
- Click the Add Form button above the Form List.
- From the Federal/State drop down menu, choose Federal.
- Choose 941/Schedule B from the Form Name drop down box.
- Select the appropriate quarter.
- Click OK.
- A form preparation screen will appear. On this screen verify the information or make any required manual entries.
- Near the bottom of the form, in the Part 5 section, check the File electronically as Taxpayer or File electronically as Reporting Agent box. This will unlock the information boxes that need to be filled out for E-Filing.
- Enter the information and use the Balance Due Payment area if needed.
- Click Save.
- Click OK to close the form.
- The 941 can now be transmitted using the Send Returns option in the E-file Center menu.