Creating a 944-X form
- Click on the Payer List button.
- Choose the payer.
- Click on Add Form.
- Choose Form 944-X from the Form Name drop down menu.
- Enter the applicable information.*
- Click Save.
* The program automatically calculates some fields by using data you have entered elsewhere in the program. If any pre-calculated field is incorrect, you may override it by using the Unlock button at the right side of the window. (See the Federal/State Forms Prep Windows for more instructions.) The pre-calculated fields are as follows:
- Lines 8, 9, 10 & 11: Yearli automatically calculates the full amount of social security and Medicare taxes (combined employer and employee share) and calculates Additional Medicare Tax using the standard rate. If you need to correct only the employer share of social security and Medicare taxes, or to make other adjustments to the tax in Column 4, check the Override checkbox and enter the adjusted amount in Column 4.
- Line 22: Explain all corrections in detail. If you need more space, attach additional sheets with your name, EIN, quarter, and calendar year on the top of each sheet.