Installing Yearli as a standalone installation
Please review the instructions below before installing. If you are unsure of what to do, please contact Technical Support prior to attempting the installation on your own. Please read the minimum requirements to ensure that the software will run correctly on your computer.
Yearli cannot be installed on a network drive. The program must be installed on a local drive.
Administrative rights are required to install the program.
To begin the install of Yearli Desktop:
1. To start the installation
a. Insert the disc into the drive. The program should automatically begin. If it does not start, hold the Windows key on the keyboard and press the letter “R”. Type “D:\setup” (where “D” is the letter of your drive).
b. If using the downloadable install, click on the link in the email. Select the Download Yearli Desktop Software button on the webpage. Select to save the file to your Desktop, if prompted. Once downloaded you can then select to run the file.
2. The installation will verify that the computer meets the minimum requirements for the Yearli Desktop software.
a. If the minimum requirements are not met a message will display listing the incompatible elements. Click OK to end the installation process.
b. If the installation has recommendations on ways to more effectively use Yearli Desktop, a message will display listing the recommendations. Click OK to continue with the installation process.
3. The Welcome screen will display. Click Next to continue.
4. Review the End-User License Agreement. Select the “I accept the terms of the license agreement” checkbox. Click Next to continue.
5. Enter the authorization code received with your software. Click Next to continue.
6. The directory where the software will be installed will display. Greatland recommends installing the software to the default directory of Greatland\ Yearli\20XX within the Program Files location of the computer. Select the Change button to choose an alternate location or select Next to continue.
7. The installation will add shortcuts to the Start Menu of the computer. Greatland recommends using the default Start Menu folder of Greatland Corporation\Yearli 20XX. Enter an alternate Start Menu location if desired. Choose the radio button that best reflects who should have access to the Yearli Desktop software. Click Next to continue.
8. The installation will display any software prerequisites that must be installed with the software. Click Next to continue
9. The confirmation screen will confirm that the installation will begin and will configure the Yearli Desktop software. Click Next to continue.
10. As the software is installed a progress bar will keep you informed of the status of the installation.
11. Once the installation is complete, click Finish.