Installing Yearli as a standalone installation
Please review the instructions below before installing. If you are unsure of what to do, please contact Technical Support prior to attempting the installation on your own. Please read the minimum requirements to ensure that the software will run correctly on your computer.
Yearli cannot be installed on a network drive. The program must be installed on a local drive.
Note: For Windows 8, only WinFiler 2012, WinFiler Plus 2013, Yearli 2014, and newer are compatible and supported. Only Yearli 2015 and newer is supported on Windows 10.
3.5 . NET Framework will need to be enabled before installing on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
For the Yearli installation, please remember to log in with administrative rights.
- To Start the installation:
- If using a CD, insert the CD into the CD-ROM drive. The installation program should automatically begin. If it does not start:
- Access the Windows Run window by pressing the Windows key and R key on the keyboard.
- Type “d:\setup” (where “d” is your CD-ROM drive) without the quotes.
- Click OK. The installation will start.
- If using the downloadable install package for the Yearli software, click on the link in the email. Select the program executable file and select to save the file to your desktop. Once downloaded you can then select to run the file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. If you are installing a quarterly update CD and not the initial setup, skip steps 3-5.
- When prompted for an authorization code, enter the code you received with the setup CD or in your email with the download link. If installing Yearli 2015 or earlier, leave the Network Users field blank.
- On the product selection screen, choose Standalone and continue through the screens.
- On the Destination Location screen, it is recommended to install the program to the default location as provided. If you want to change the location, use the Browse button, making sure the path indicated ends with 20XX (where XX is the software year). Click Next.
- The program will continue installing all necessary system components and the Yearli server files. You will be required to restart after any component updates. If you are prompted to restart during the installation, leave the CD in the drive during the restart. Setup will continue automatically after each restart.