An ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) cannot be used to file paper or electronic W-2 forms. ITINs are formatted similar to an SSN but begin with the number 9 and have the number 7 or 8 as the fourth digit. For more information, see section 4 of Publication 15 (Circular E).
Articles in this section
- How do I add transactions to a recipient form?
- What do the buttons on the recipient form data entry screen do?
- What wages should I include on the W-3 form?
- Can I use an ITIN to file form W-2?
- Can I file a W-2 for my household employee?
- How do I setup W-2 preferences?
- How do I auto-fill the payer State ID on a W-2 form?
- How do I add an amount type to a W-2 form?
- How do I create a W-2 form?
- How do I correct a W-2 form?