An amount type is a dollar amount field found on a tax form. An example of an amount type is the social security wages field found on a W-2 form. When adding amount types, the selected amount type will be set universally for the payer. Amount types cannot be set individually per recipient.
Adding an amount type
- Click the Payer List button.
- Double click on the payer name.
- Highlight the recipient.
- Double click on the W-2 form in the form list.
- Click on the Amnts button in the upper right corner of the W-2 return or W-2 transaction screen.
- Highlight the amount type in the list on the left you wish to add to the W-2 form.
- Click Include to add to the Currently Selected Amount Types.
- Click OK.
Note: If adding a miscellaneous deduction amount, it can be customized to display specific text by highlighting the miscellaneous amount type under Currently Selected Amount Types and clicking on Customize Name. The miscellaneous amount type can also be set to print to box 14 of the W-2 by checking the box at the bottom of the Customize Amount Type Name screen.