How do I correct a W-2 form?

Creating a W-2c form

  1. Click on the Payer List button.
  2. Double click the desired payer.
  3. Locate the recipient with the W-2 that needs to be corrected.
  4. If the W-2 that is being corrected is present in the Form List:
    1. Double click on the W-2 in the Form List.
    2. Click on the W-2C button located in the bottom-right corner of the window.
  5. If the W-2 that is being corrected does not exist in the Form List:
    1. Click the Add Form button.
    2. Choose the W-2C from the Form Type drop down menu.
  6. Enter the applicable information.
  7. Click Save.
  8. Click OK to close the form.

Note: The W-2c form will only have the information that is changing entered on the form. For example, if the Medicare tax withheld amount is the only amount that is being corrected, that will be the only amount entered on the W-2c form.

Was this article helpful?
3 out of 7 found this helpful