Using the Return Information Tab
Use the Return Information tab to enter general return information. This includes state and local information, employment information, Box 12 & 14 text entries, and notes.
- State and Local Information:
- State - Enter the state abbreviation for the state that information is to be reported. This prints in box 15 of the W-2.
- ID - Enter the employer's state ID number that was assigned by the state. This prints in box 15 of the W-2.
- Locality - Enter the locality name. This prints in box 20 of the W-2.
- Include which wages on Form W-3 - Use these drop down lists to select the wages included in the W-3.
- Misc Information:
- Box 12 Text - Prior Year - Enter any values to report for the prior year. Enter the appropriate code (as explained in the IRS instructions), the 2-digit year, and the monetary value to be reported.
- Box 14 Text - Enter any text that is to print in box 14 of the W-2. Refer to state specific instructions for more information on filing for states.
- Employment Information:
- Employment Type - The Employment Type is used when printing specific employment types of W-2's and prints in the appropriate Box b "Kind of Payer" on Form W-3.
- W-2 Control No. - Enter the W-2 Control Number for the return, if applicable.