Can I E-File prior year forms?

The forms that are available for filing

Through the E-file Center it is possible to e-file the following forms:

  • Current year W-2 forms
  • Current year and three years prior W-2c forms
  • Current year 1099 series forms (For state e-filing it is only possible to file the 1099-MISC, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, and 1099-R forms)
  • Current year corrected 1099 series forms
  • Current year 1095 forms
  • The 940/941/944 PIN Registration
  • The 940, 941, and 944 forms
  • California state forms DE 9 and DE 9C
  • New York state form NYS-45

The only form available for prior year e-filing is the W-2C form. All other forms can be e-filed for the current tax year only. If you need to file a form for a prior tax year, the form will need to be filed on paper forms. 

Was this article helpful?
2 out of 2 found this helpful