The W-2 Summary Journal displays a report of the total dollar amounts entered for all W-2s in the selected payer (similar to W-3 information), organized by the Government Agencies selected. Gives the ability to select the payer(s), Federal, and state agencies for the report.
- Payer name
- Payer TIN
- Total number of employees
- Number of W-2 forms
- Total amount entered in Gross Wages
- Total amount entered in Medicare and Social Security Wages
- Total amount entered in Medicare and Social Security Withheld
Printing a Payer Journal
- Click on the Print drop down menu.
- Choose Journals.
- Choose W-2 Summary.
- Choose the payer(s) to print the journal for.
Note: To select multiple payers press and hold the Shift or Ctrl key and click in the gray grid area on the left of the payer TIN for each payer you wish to select. All payers can be selected by checking the Select All Payers box.
- To sort the journal by Federal, State, and/or Localities, check the agency in the Include Agency(ies) group box.
- Federal will print a W-2 Summary Journal of Federal amount types for the selected payer(s).
- State or Locality will print a W-2 Summary Journal of state and/or local wages and tax withheld for each state and/or locality found on the W-2 returns for the selected payer(s).
- Click Preview to preview the journal or Print to print the journal.
- You can sort the order of payers in ascending or descending order:
- Click the field heading (e.g. Payer TIN, Payer Name One)
- A small arrow appears pointing upwards or downwards indicating ascending or descending order