The Transactions Journal is a report that displays the dollar amounts entered in each transaction for each recipient, as well as a subtotal section for each recipient and a summary section for the payer by quarter. The journal gives the ability to select the specific return type and date range for the report. The Transactions Journal contains the following information:
- Transaction date
- Recipient name
- Recipient TIN
- Payer name
- Payer TIN
- Dollar amount entered for each field on each transaction
Printing a Transactions Journal
- Click on the Print drop down menu.
- Choose Journals.
- Choose Transactions.
- Choose the Type of Return.
- Choose the level of detail to be displayed on the journal.
- Show Transaction Detail: This report will show transactional details for each recipient for the selected payer.
- Summarize by Recipient: This report will show totals by recipient for the selected payer.
- Show Totals Only: This report will show overall totals for the selected payer. It will not be broken up by recipient.
Note: To select multiple recipients press and hold the Shift or Ctrl key and click in the gray grid area on the left of the recipient TIN for each recipient you wish to select. All recipients can be selected by checking the All Recipients box.
- Click Preview to preview the journal or Print to print the journal.
- The Select Type of Return list displays only the returns currently entered for the selected payer.
- As you click the different returns, the Recipient List will display only those recipients that have the highlighted return.
- You can sort the order of recipients in ascending or descending order:
- Click the field heading (e.g. Recipient TIN, Recipient Name)
- A small arrow appears pointing upwards or downwards indicating ascending or descending order.
- Use the Dates box in the lower left of the window to print a Transaction Journal for any quarter, the year to date, or any range of dates.