The 1099 Summary Journal displays a report of the total dollar amounts entered for all 1099s in the selected payer (similar to 1096 information), organized by the Government Agencies selected. The journal gives the ability to select the payer(s), Federal, and state agencies for the report. This journal contains the following information:
- Payer name
- Payer TIN
- Total number of employees
- Number of 1099 forms
- Total amount entered in each available field on the 1099 forms
Printing a 1099 Summary Journal
- Click on the Print drop down menu.
- Choose Journals.
- Choose 1099 Summary.
- Choose the Payer(s) to print the journal for.
Note: To select multiple payers press and hold the Shift or Ctrl key and click in the gray grid area on the left of the payer TIN for each payer you wish to select. All payers can be selected by checking the Select All Payers box.
- Choose the Return type(s) to print the journal for.
Note: To select multiple return types press and hold the Shift or Ctrl key and click on the return type you wish to select. All return types can be selected by checking the Select All Return Types box.
- To sort the journal by Federal, State, and/or Localities, check the agency in the Include Agency(ies) group box.
- Federal will print a 1099 Summary Journal of Federal amount types for the selected payer(s).
- State or Locality will print a 1099 Summary Journal of state and/or local wages and tax withheld for each state and/or locality found on the 1099 returns for the selected payer(s).
- Click Preview to preview the journal or Print to print the journal.
You can sort the order of payers in ascending or descending order:
- Click the field heading (e.g. Payer TIN, Payer Name One)
- A small arrow appears pointing upwards or downwards indicating ascending or descending order