Creating and printing the 940
- Click on the Payer List button.
- Choose the payer.
- Click the Add Form button.
- Choose Form 940/Schedule A from the Form Name drop down menu.
- Answer preliminary questions 1 through 4.*
- Enter the applicable information.
- Click Save.
- Click Yes.
- Click the Print button on the right.
- Select the copy to print.
- Click Print to print the form or Preview to view the form before printing.
*When preparing the 940/Schedule A:
- If you check preliminary question 1, Line 1b is also checked and Schedule A appears.
- If you check preliminary question 2, Line 2 is also checked and Schedule A appears. Line 11 fills from the Total of Schedule A.
- If you check preliminary question 3, Line 9 becomes available.
- If you check preliminary question 4, Line 10 becomes available and the Worksheet is available for you to complete.
- You can unlock certain fields and override the automatic calculation by clicking on the unlock button and entering data into the field.
- A Payment Voucher window appears at the bottom of Form 940 if Line 14 is completed.