Creating the DE9 form
- Click on the Payer List button.
- Choose the payer.
- Click on the Payer State Info button.
- Click Add.
- Choose CA from the State drop down menu.
- Enter applicable state information. The State ID for SUI should be in the following format: 123-4567-8 or 123 4567 8.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.
- Click on the Add Form button.
- Choose California from the Federal/State/Local drop down menu.
- Choose DE9 from the Form Name menu.
- Choose the appropriate quarter.
- Click OK.
- To file the California DE9 through the E-file Center, the "Check if you intend to file DE9 via the E-file Center" checkbox must be checked on each California DE8 form. If the box is not checked, the form will not be available for filing in the E-file Center.
- Enter the applicable information.*
*To override the calculated amounts in boxes D2 - UI Taxable Wages for the Quarter and F2 - SDI Taxable Wages for the Quarter, check the checkbox to the left of the box containing the calculated amount. However, UI Taxable Wages and SDI Taxable Wages cannot exceed the Total Subject Wages for the quarter reported in box C.
If Form DE 9 contains Tax Due in Box J, submit payment to the state with the Payroll Tax Deposit Form DE 88.