The NYS-45 has locality wage fields that will not fill unless locality amount types are selected and a valid locality is entered in the State and Local Information portion of the W-2 Return Information tab.
Setting up the W-2 for NYS-45 locality information
- Click on the Payer List button.
- Double click on the Payer name.
- Highlight the recipient.
- Double click on the W-2 form in the Form List.
- Verify that the necessary amount types are selected:
- Click on the Amnts button in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Non-Defaults tab above the window on the left.
- Select the locality amount types needed.
- Click Include to carry them over to the Currently Selected Amount Types listing.
- Click OK to close the Amount Types screen.
- Click on the Return Information tab.
- Add the locality to the State and Local Information section.