If there is a balance due showing on the 941 form, payment information can be submitted to the IRS electronically if the balance due is $2,500 or less. The payment information will include the routing transit number, bank account number, and bank account type. This will allow the IRS to debit the bank account for the balance due payment.
Enter bank account information on the 941 form
- Click the Payer List button.
- Choose the payer the 941 form is entered for.
- If the 941 form has not been entered, follow steps 4-9. Otherwise, skip to step 10.
- Click Add Form.
- Choose Form 941/Sch B/Sch D from the Form Name drop down.
- Choose the Quarter you would like to create the 941 form for.
- Click OK.
- Answer the questions as required.
- Click OK.
- Verify the data on the 941 and/or enter data as necessary.
- Scroll to Part 5. Select the electronic filing method.
- Enter the name and PIN information.
- Check the box to Submit payment using the E-file Center.
- Enter the Routing Transit Number, Bank Account Number, Type of Account, and Telephone Number.
- Click Save to save the form.
- Click OK to close the form.
- Submit the 941 form through the E-file Center