Creating the A-3 form
- Click on the Payer List button.
- Choose the payer.
- Verify that there is no punctuation in the payer's name.*
- Click on the Payer State Info button.
- Click Add.
- Choose AL from the State drop down menu.
- Enter applicable state information. The State ID for W-2 should be the Alabama Account Number for the payer.
- Click Save.
- Click OK.
- Click on the Add Form button.
- Choose Alabama from the Federal/State/Local drop down menu.
- Choose A-3 from the Form Name menu.
- Click OK.
- Enter the applicable information.
* Punctuation such as a period, comma, dash, colon, parenthesis, slash, etc., may not be used in the reproduction of withholding tax coupons. When there is an apostrophe in the name, leave it out and do not add a space. If there is a hyphen in the name, substitute it with a space. Abbreviations, numerals, plus sign, and dollar sign may be used only if part of legal name. If a name contains the numeric zero or the alphabetic "o", the appropriate character must be used. If a name begins with the word "The", move it to the end of name or delete. Individual owners use last name first.