The Yearli Desktop software does not offer the ability to submit requests for filing extensions to the federal government. Please use the information below to find the best process to request a filing extension from the federal government.
- You can get an automatic 30-day extension of time to file by completing Form 8809.
- For form 1099-NEC, no automatic extension is available.
- A signature or explanation may be required for the extension.
- File the 8809 and extension request as soon as it is known an extension is needed. The 8809 must be filed by the due date of the return (January 31).
- Under certain hardship conditions, you may apply for an additional 30-day extension.
- To download a copy of IRS Form 8809, please visit the IRS Website.